Panopta SaaS-based hybrid infrastructure monitoring and diagnostics platform to further ensure Fortinet customer networks are high performing and secure through automated NetSec Ops
Ken Xie, founder, chairman of the board, and CEO, said, “Given the complex and distributed nature of many IT environments, organisations need a high performance, secure network to successfully achieve their digital business initiatives. With the convergence of security and networking through a Security-driven Network approach organisations can get the connectivity and performance that is crucial to protect today’s hyper-connected businesses. Fortinet’s acquisition of Panopta complements our best-in-class security offerings with a SaaS platform that provides further network visibility and agile remediation for hybrid environments, including edge and cloud networks, to achieve even greater security and business efficiency.”
Panopta’s platform is built to be partner friendly, empowering MSSPs, and value-add partners to easily integrate the multi-tenant solution into their own offering and quickly add value to their end customers. The Panopta solution’s role-based access control delivers a granular governance layer between customers, and also within the Network Operations Center (NOC) and Security Operations Center (SOC) teams.
In the current remote workforce environment, the availability, performance, security, and quality of an application and its components all impact the end-user experience. Panopta’s solution analyses both network health metrics and application performance to identify potential problem areas that may impact user access, and enables rapid, automated remediation (also called digital experience monitoring or DEM).
With the Panopta acquisition, Fortinet will deliver the industry’s most comprehensive Security-driven Networking platform by adding new capabilities in network monitoring, detection and incident response. Features will include:
- Unified monitoring and automated incident management that reduces response and resolution times for NOC teams and, in turn, helps exceed SLAs.
- Over 50 global points of presence (PoPS) with low-cost probes to simulate application performance and latency that may impact end user experience (also known as synthetic transaction monitoring).
- Cloud native monitoring for Kubernetes and PaaS workloads in AWS and Azure.
- Fully configurable alerting workflows with out-of-the-box integrations for third-party enterprise and modern communication tools.
- Another first-class partner-friendly service offering that remains true to Fortinet’s ongoing commitment to its valued partners.
Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.