- Fujitsu Australia Limited was awarded the National Deskside Support (NDS) Services contract in December 2018.
- $99 million contract with the Australian Department of Defence spans three years.
- Fujitsu will provide a range of services including desktop services, warehousing and asset management, VIP support, project services, formal messaging, and audio visual services.
- Fujitsu will support approximately 100,000 users across more than 450 Defence locations around Australia.
- Australian SMEs and indigenous partners included in delivery model.
Fujitsu has signed a three-year contract with the Australian Department of Defence to provide desktop-related services for approximately 100,000 Defence personnel across more than 450 locations around Australia. The $99 million contract will see Fujitsu provide desktop services, warehousing and asset management, VIP support, project services, formal messaging, and audio visual services to the Department of Defence.
The contract is the result of a competitive tender with Fujitsu proving its ability to provide a strong customer focus and to deliver capability and innovation to the Department of Defence. Fujitsu leveraged its national field services capability to develop a comprehensive support model and demonstrated its ability to support such a widespread organisation through strong business references. Fujitsu delivers field services to some of Australia’s largest retailers and government organisations, giving it the experience and knowledge to support the Department of Defence with high-quality services.
As part of Fujitsu’s Australian Industry Capability (AIC) plan for this contract, Fujitsu will partner with a number of Australian SMEs and also include a number of indigenous partners in the delivery of services. Fujitsu has a strong understanding of the Department of Defence’s environment based on many years of experience with the department, which will help ensure continuity of services.
Mike Foster, Chief Executive Officer for Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand, said, “We are pleased to continue our long-standing relationship with the Department of Defence, which has been in place for over 20 years. This new contract provides an opportunity to leverage our extensive resources to ensure that Defence personnel have the support they need to carry out essential services Australia-wide and beyond. We currently have over 600 people dedicated to Defence activities and contracts such as this help us to provide strong employment opportunities for Australians, which is a key focus for the business. Fujitsu is looking forward to continuing to cement its relationship with the Department of Defence over the next three years and beyond.”
- Read the Fujitsu blog: http://blog.au.fujitsu.com
- Follow Fujitsu on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/FujitsuAU
- Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fujitsu-australia-limited
- Find Fujitsu on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/FujitsuAustraliaNewZealand
- Fujitsu pictures and media server: http://mediaportal.ts.fujitsu.com/pages/portal.php
- For regular news updates, bookmark the Fujitsu newsroom: http://www.fujitsu.com/au/about/resources/news/
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 140,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.1 trillion yen (US $39 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2018. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand
Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand is a leading service provider of business, information technology and communications solutions. We partner with our customers to consult, design, build, operate and support business solutions. From strategic consulting to application and infrastructure solutions and services, Fujitsu Australia and New Zealand have earned a reputation as the single supplier of choice for leading corporate and government organisations. Fujitsu Australia Limited and Fujitsu New Zealand Limited are wholly owned subsidiaries of Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702). See www.fujitsu.com/au.