Christos Dimitriadis of INTRALOT to Serve a Second Term as Chair
ISACA has announced its 2016-2017 Board of Directors. Christos Dimitriadis, Ph.D., CISA, CISM, CRISC, group director of Information Security for INTRALOT, Greece, was re-elected to lead ISACA’s Board as chair.
ISACA(isaca.org) helps professionals around the globe realise the positive potential of technology. By offering industry-leading knowledge, standards, credentialing and education, ISACA enables professionals to apply technology in ways that create positive momentum for their organisations. This year, ISACA acquired CMMI Institute, the global leader in high maturity capability improvement business solutions, to help organisations optimise their use of technology, increase value for their stakeholders and improve business performance.
Chair Christos K. Dimitriadis said: “In an era of digital transformation, ISACA supports professionals and organisations using technology as a business enabler and innovation vehicle. We do this through the deployment of technology governance and management frameworks, through the establishment of capability maturity models, by addressing impeding factors like cyberthreats, and through the creation of trust that assurance programs introduce. It is an honour and privilege to chair the board of directors for a second term. I am looking forward to working with our international community to increase ISACA’s contribution to the industries and professionals we serve.”
Dimitriadis has worked in information security for more than 16 years, has written more than 150 security-related publications, and holds two patents on fraud prevention and game design. He has received innovation awards from the European Lotteries Association, the John W. Lainhart IV award for major contributions to the development and enhancement of the common body of knowledge used by the constituents of ISACA, and the ISACA Presidents Award for Illustrious Service.
Dimitriadis has previously served on the ISACA board as chair and international vice president. He has also served on several ISACA volunteer groups, including ISACA’s Knowledge Board, COBIT for Security Task Force, Strategic Advisory Council and Academic Relations Committee. Additionally, he was a member of the Permanent Stakeholders Group (PSG) of the European Network and Information Security Agency (ENISA) from 2012 to 2015.
“Christos is truly dedicated to helping ISACA expand its reach globally and to helping the professionals we serve transform their organisations through the innovative use of technology,” said ISACA CEO Matt Loeb, CGEIT, CAE, FASAE. “I look forward to his and our other directors’ contributions to architecting the future of ISACA and maximising its impact worldwide.”
In total, 15 individuals from around the world were installed on the 2016-2017 ISACA Board of Directors:
- Chair Christos K. Dimitriadis, Ph.D., CISA, CISM, CRISC, group director of Information Security for INTRALOT, Greece
- Vice-chair Theresa Grafenstine, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, CIA, CGAP, CGMA, CPA, inspector general of the U.S. House of Representatives, USA
- Director Robert Clyde, CISM, managing director of Clyde Consulting LLC, USA
- Director Leonard Ong, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CPP, CFE, PMP, CIPM, CIPT, CISSP ISSMP-ISSAP, CSSLP, CITBCM, GCIA, GCIH, GSNA, GCFA, COBIT 5 Implementer and Assessor, associate director at Merck, Singapore
- Director Andre Pitkowski, CGEIT, CRISC, OCTAVE, CRMA, ISO27kLA, ISO31kLA, COBIT 5 Foundation Trainer, principal consultant at APIT Consultoria de Informática Ltd., Brazil
- Director Eddie Schwartz, CISA, CISM, CISSP-ISSEP, PMP, president and COO of WhiteOps, USA
- Director Jo Stewart-Rattray, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, FACS CP, director of information security and IT assurance at BRM Holdich, Australia
- Director Tichaona Zororo, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CIA, CRMA, COBIT 5 Assessor, IT advisory executive with EGIT |Enterprise Governance (Pty) Ltd., South Africa
- Director Zubin Chagpar, CISA, CISM, PMP, head of Amazon Web Services’ public sector business in the Middle East and Africa, United Kingdom
- Director R.V. Raghu, CISA, CRISC, director of Versatilist Consulting India Pvt. Ltd., India
- Director Jeff Spivey, CRISC, CPP, founder and CEO of Security Risk Management, Inc., USA
- Past Chair Robert E Stroud, CGEIT, CRISC, principal research analyst, Infrastructure and Operations, with Forrester Research, USA
- Past Chair Tony Hayes, CGEIT, AFCHSE, CHE, FACS, FCPA, FIIA, appointed Deputy Director-General of the Department of Communities, Child Safety and Disability Services in the Queensland Government, Australia
- Past Chair Greg Grocholski, CISA, vice president, Global Internal Audit, at SABIC, Saudi Arabia
- Director Matt Loeb, CGEIT, FASAE, CAE, ISACA chief executive officer, USA
Photos and biographies of all board members are available at www.isaca.org/board.
ISACA (isaca.org) helps professionals around the globe realise the positive potential of technology in an evolving digital world. By offering industry-leading knowledge, standards, credentialing and education, ISACA enables professionals to apply technology in ways that instil confidence, address threats, drive innovation and create positive momentum for their organisations. Established in 1969, ISACA is a global association with more than 140,000 members and certification holders in 187 countries. ISACA is the creator of the COBIT framework, which helps organisations effectively govern and manage their information and technology. Through its Cybersecurity Nexus (CSX), ISACA helps organisations develop skilled cyber workforces and enables individuals to grow and advance their cyber careers.