WatchGuard has announced Wi-Fi in WatchGuard Cloud, along with a new lineup of Wi-Fi 6-enabled access points (APs). The addition of Wi-Fi in WatchGuard Cloud provides cross-platform integration and centralised management of all WatchGuard products.
“The MSP market continues to grow at an accelerated pace, driving partners to look for centralised solutions that simplify deployment and management for customers while delivering the highest levels of security. Wi-Fi in WatchGuard Cloud – and the new APs – give partners the ability to layer on Wi-Fi-as-a-Service for customers and integrate it with our complete portfolio of security services like firewall, endpoint protection, MFA, and more,” said Andrew Young, senior vice president of product management at WatchGuard. “Wi-Fi is an integral part of our Unified Security Platform, and now that it’s integrated with WatchGuard Cloud, it will help further scale business growth for MSPs and further reduce costs.”
The launch of AP130, AP330, and AP430CR comes as the availability of Wi-Fi 6-enabled devices continues to grow. Some of the key features of Wi-Fi in WatchGuard Cloud include:
- One Platform with Multiple Applications – A single true cloud platform reduces the complexity of managing multiple services. This includes simplified management, eliminating physical or virtual infrastructure, speeding onboarding, and streamlining maintenance.
- Multi-Tier and Multi-Tenant Capabilities – Manage, configure, and report on Wi-Fi connectivity and performance for each customer from one platform with a single interface. Build recurring revenue models, gauge the value of flexible payment options, and choose complementary models from WatchGuard FlexPay programs.
- Reporting and Visibility – Complete insight into crucial information such as signal strength coverage, wireless client bandwidth consumption, access point utilization, and client distribution.
- Networking and Troubleshooting – Detect failures and anomalies, and other connectivity issues.
- Security – Enterprise-grade Wi-Fi security standards, WPA3 encryption, protected management frames, RADIUS authentication, and Secure VPN tunnelling.
- Captive Portal – Delivered by a custom-branded portal to match companies’ branding guidelines, and interrupt guest devices from accessing the network until users accept the terms and conditions to connect.
- Additional Integrations – Better and faster integrations with WatchGuard’s complete product portfolio. API availability for data such as license, expiration, and inventory through WatchGuard Cloud that enables integration with third-party management platforms.